The Madden 13 team ratings have been released and the New York Jets are a 79 overall. Now we await the Madden 13 player ratings, which will ultimately be more important as far as how the Jets will perform on the virtual field. Who will be the highest-rated Jets players on Madden 13? Darrelle Revis will be at the top of the list, but who follows him?
The Madden 13 player ratings are always the subject of hot debate and are highly anticipated. Everyone wants to see their team treated well by the Madden 13 player ratings, because the individual ratings have more of an impact on the game than the overall team ratings. Having a 99 overall Darrelle Revis is more relevant than the average of all the players on the team in terms of gameplay. The 79 rating gives us a hint as to how the New York Jets players will be rated by Madden 13, but we are still in wait and see mode.
- Darrelle Revis: We all know that Darrelle Revis will be the highest-rated Jets player on Madden 13. Revis is dominant and the game rewards that. He was in the Madden 13 Cover Vote sweepstakes, which is a good indication that he's going to be taken care of by the crew that sets the individual ratings. Revis will probably be a 99 overall.
- Nick Mangold: Nick Mangold should be the best center in Madden 13. He's the best center in the NFL and the Jets were completely lost without him last season. The best of the best and his rating has always reflected that. He should be in the 97+ range.
- David Harris: David Harris was a 92 in Madden 12 and should probably be in the same spot for Madden 13. Harris was productive once again and is an under-appreciated part of the Jets defense.
- D'Brickashaw Ferguson: Ferguson was a 94 last year but expect that to be downgraded a few points after a rough year in 2011. He should still be in the 90-92 range.
- Santonio Holmes: Santonio Holmes had a down year in 2011, but he's too talented to be downgraded in the ratings. In an offense that plans to stretch the field and force defenses to respect the deep ball, Holmes should see his numbers bounce back.
Some of the more interesting player ratings will be Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill and Aaron Maybin. How does the game program Maybin's ability to to get to the quarterback while not making him an all-around defensive stopper? Expect Coples to be in the high-70s to low-80s, with Hill rated just a bit lower. Hill's speed rating should be very high, which will give Jets fans the chance for some big plays on Madden 13.
Of course, we could also turn this into a Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow discussion.. nah, we won't go there.
- Be sure to follow Jets 101 on Twitter and like Jets 101 on Facebook. Plus, check out Jets 101 on Google+
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/gjc