Woody Johnson and the New York Jets have stepped up and donated $500,000 to the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, to be spread between The Mayor's Fund for NYC Hurricane Relief, the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund, and the Nassau and Suffolk branches of the Salvation Army. Being in the middle of the area devastated by the super storm, the Jets are reaching out to the community to make a positive impact for many in their time of need.
The New York Jets have joined other professional sports teams and athletes like the New York Giants, New England Patriots and Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade in donating funds to help those devastated by Hurricane Sandy. Hurricane Sandy left parts of the New York and New Jersey area in shambles, with many losing their homes and other property. Some of those who didn't lose their homes are still without power and supplies.
From Woody Johnson:
“Our hearts go out to all of those affected by Hurricane Sandy. The Jets hope that these donations will make a difference in the lives of those people. We will continue to find ways to assist those in need and encourage our fans to find ways to help with these efforts.”
The Jets will also honor 100 first responders during their Thanksgiving night game against the New England Patriots at MetLife Stadium. The team will also have a moment of silence before kickoff that night in honor of all those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
- Check out the latest episode of The Jets Zone!
- Be sure to follow Jets 101 on Twitter and like Jets 101 on Facebook. Plus, check out Jets 101 on Google+
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter