Tailgating is a staple of a true gameday experience at MetLife Stadium for many New York Jets and New York Giants fans, and in the coming weeks you can help those devastated by Hurricane Sandy by joining Tailgate 4 the Tri-State. Started by David Levy on behalf of Football Reporters Online, Tailgate 4 the Tri-State will take place Sunday, November 25 when the Giants host the Green Bay Packers and Sunday, December 2 when the Jets host the Arizona Cardinals. All proceeds will go to the Red Cross.
New York and New Jersey has been hit hard by Hurricane Sandy, and as the relief efforts continue to clean up the damage and restore power to those in need New York Jets and New York Giants fans can do their part by partaking in a gameday tradition: tailgating. Tailgate 4 the Tri-State is hoping to provide support to those who need it by benefiting the efforts of the Red Cross in the post-Sandy cleanup.
Those looking to participate can contribute in a few ways:
"1-Many tailgating groups charge a fee to be able to partake in their tailgate. We ask if these tailgate groups could donate a portion of those fees towards the Tailgate 4 The Tri-State effort.
2-A group could also make one lump sum donation from everyone in that tailgate as well.
3-The CELEBRITY APPRENTICE donation. This is for very few willing to make the kind of donation that speaks volumes."
The Jets group already has Fireman Ed on board and support for the cause is steadily growing. Make sure to check out Tailgate 4 the Tri-State on Facebook!
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
- Check out the latest episode of The Jets Zone!
- Be sure to follow Jets 101 on Twitter and like Jets 101 on Facebook. Plus, check out Jets 101 on Google+
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mm9